Leek and potato soup in 10 easy steps
Hello mummies, daddies and anyone else reading!
Are you looking for a quick and easy, winter warmer recipe? This is just that (with a few little nudges along the way for you to take some time out for yourself)…
What you will need:
- A large saucepan
- Chopping board
- Hand blender/food processor
- Someone to do the washing up
1 x onion
2 x leeks
6 x large potatoes
200ml crème fraîche
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1litre vegetable stock
Basil (no need for it to be fresh, though if you’re feeling extra posh you could throw a few fresh leaves in there)
Bread and butter
1. Pour yourself a glass of wine, you’re probably tired and could do with it
2. Put the oil into the saucepan and set the hob to a medium heat
3. Chop the onion and the leeks – it doesn’t matter if they’re not fine, you’re going to blend it all anyway! – and pop them into the pan
4. Stir for about 5 minutes or until the onion starts to go clear – don’t let the onion go brown or it will make the soup look really unappetising!!!
5. Pour in the vegetable stock and turn the heat down
6. Peel and chop the potatoes and put them into the pan, then add the seasoning
7. Turn the heat back up and monitor for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes go soft enough to blend
8. Take the pan off the heat and get the blender out! Blend it until it’s mostly smooth and quite thick in consistency
9. Add the crème fraîche and stir it in
10. Place the pan back on the heat to warm the soup through, and at the same time butter your bread and prepare to serve!
You should all have yourselves an incredibly delicious soup!
This recipe can easily serve four people, so if there aren’t four of you there to eat it then you can absolutely freeze whatever is left and keep it for another time – we all need our precious time so save some by batch cooking!
I’m fairly certain you could create this dish just as easily using a slow cooker, but as I haven’t yet tried it I won’t recommend it – let me know if you have! PLEASE share your pictures in the comments or on our social media pages 🙂