Newborn vs Toddler (The Unadulterated Truth)
Remember that moment, when you had a little baby you loved to pieces?
IT WILL ALL CHANGE!
Well, not the love, that’s kind of unconditional, but the little baby will certainly change… Here’s what you need to know about the difference between a newborn baby and a toddler.
The Newborn (aka the CryBaby)
- At first, they sleep for like 14 hours a day. It’s bliss.
- You can do things you want to do – housework, sleep, eat, sleep, you get my drift…
- You can go to the toilet without a small person attached to you (unless you’re breastfeeding – I have indeed breastfed my baby whilst having a pee).
- BOUNCY CHAIRS – NEED I SAY MORE?
- Milk solves everything.
- Everyone still wants to help out and hold the cute little baby.
- They’re very boring and are terrible company. You’ll be chatting away and nobody is chatting back.
- You’ll try not to, and you’ll hate yourself for breaking, but YOU WILL USE BABY TALK. ALL THE TIME.
- They do really bad shits. Seriously bad. First it’s all sticky tar, then it looks like chicken korma. It’s just really unpleasant.
- They are so dependent on you for everything!!!!!!!! They cry, and you have to answer. What’s that all about? I’m an independent woman, my daughter should be too.
- THEY CRY ALL THE TIME AND YOU HAVE TO GUESS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON IN THEIR TINY BABY BRAIN TO MAKE THEM WAIL LIKE A BANSHEE AT 2AM.
The Toddler (aka the Terrorist)
- They have their own little personality.
- They can walk and talk and ask for things, making your job of having to guess what the baby wanted so much easier.
- You can have fun with them.
- They can play independently.
- They can go to the toilet by themselves. No more poo for you, mama!
- Sometimes, their personality is that they’re a little shit.
- Even though they can ask for things, they won’t, they’ll whine at you instead.
- They can play independently, usually at risk of criminal damage to your walls, doors, and anything else which can be drawn on.
- They can go to the toilet themselves, but they’d much rather piss their pants and let you clear it up.
- They’ll always say dad is the favourite. Fucking traitors.
So, which is my favourite?
I’ll leave that one for you to work out!
Are there any missing from the list???
If you liked this you may enjoy reading…
Post Views: 162